Egyptology is often too eager to refute anything to do with the esoteric. The egyptologists seem to forget in the process that esoterica is an important part of western culture which represents a desire for hidden truths. The question whether esotericism is scientifically valid and whether it is able to yield any truth is not very relevant. The esoteric searches for underlying relationships that are not satisfied by the scientific discipline of Egyptology.
I am currently undertaking some research into the different pyramidological theories and the realms of alternative history. I am trying to come to a positive reading of the relationship between pyramidology and Egyptology.
About esoteric theories
- Kevin Jackson, A short history of pyramidology (BBC, 2002).
- Skeptic’s Dictionary, Pyramidiocy.
- Anki Petterson, The history of pyramidology.
- Esoterica: academic, peer-reviewed journal about western esotericism.
- Tim Hunkler, The Great Pyramid as proof of God: Great resource about the subject.